The Puffin Foundation, Ltd. is looking to fill a position at our gallery and performance space in Teaneck, The Puffin Cultural Forum.
About the The Puffin Foundation, Ltd.
Puffin has sought to open the doors of artistic expression by providing grants to artists and organizations who are often excluded from mainstream opportunities due to their race, gender, or social philosophy and by direct programming and events at the gallery and exhibition space located at our offices. We’re particularly interested in art that educates the public on topical issues. For example, projects that seek to enrich and inform the public on important subjects such as our worsening climate catastrophe, health care, social justice, civil rights, and other contemporary issues facing the country and our planet that some organizations might hesitate to fund. The Foundation also gives special consideration to communities that are under-served by the arts.
Puffin Cultural Forum Operational and Administrative Associate
About the Position
The Operational and Administrative Associate will provide comprehensive support in the day to-day functions of the Puffin Cultural Forum, a non-profit art and cultural space, run by the Puffin Foundation in Teaneck NJ. Under the supervision of the Director of the Puffin Cultural Forum, the Operational and Administrative Associate will coordinate logistics for community programs and activities including concerts, art exhibitions, film screenings, workshops, etc. This is a full-time position, requiring some weekend and evening work. Under Covid-19 protocols, position may include remote work. Entry-level applicants are welcome to apply.
- • Assist and collaborate with the Director of the Puffin Cultural Forum to execute logistics for all community events. The Puffin Foundation and the Puffin Cultural Forum strictly follow Covid-19 protocols to protect office staff and public audience.
- • Execute planned Puffin Cultural Forum events and programming. Position requires some physical work in preparing the gallery and stage area for events, transporting artwork, art installation, maintenance of tech equipment, etc.
- • Assist Director in recruiting and managing student volunteers from local high schools, colleges, and universities. Develop programming with student groups to engage them with the activities of the Puffin Cultural Forum and the Puffin Foundation.
- • Maintain and expand publicity protocol including managing social media platforms and posting on online media portals including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Ads, etc.
- • Manage website updates and keeping track of measurable data for assessment and improvement.
- • Provide creative and logistical support in all aspects of the Forum’s gallery exhibitions including exhibition curation, event development, art transportation, and installation.
- • Provide administrative and task support for the Director of the Puffin Cultural Forum.
Qualifications and Requirements
- • The Puffin Cultural Forum is dedicated to promoting the arts and activism. Applicants must have a passion for and appreciation of the arts and the role they play in promoting social progress, especially in giving voice to individuals and organizations who are often excluded from mainstream opportunities due to their race, gender, or social philosophy.
- • Applicant must be willing to work weekend and evening events in addition to working from the office during the week.
- • Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- • Driver’s license is required for art transportation.
- • Degree in marketing, graphic design, or in the arts is preferred but not required.
- • Experience with graphic and web design is preferred, not required.
- • Experience with graphics programs including Adobe programs like Indesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro preferred, not required. Must be willing to learn.
- • Position requires engagement with the public. Hospitality and ability to positively represent the Puffin Cultural Forum and the Puffin Foundation in all aspects of the position are absolutely necessary.
- • Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively, constructively, and flexibly with others are requisite for this position.
- • Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) authorized vaccines.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending in a brief cover letter and resume to .
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
The Puffin Foundation is committed to diversifying its staff and encourages individuals of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibit discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or citizenship status, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and parental status, HIV status, gender identity and expression, or any other identities or any other factors which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.