Jazz Arts Program for all Ages (2014)
The Jazz Arts Program for all ages includes the following:
1. The Jazz Academy with Carl Grubbs for youth ages 7-16 with previous arts education and performing experience. Participants study the music of the jazz masters, improve their musical skills and perform.
2. SAX:Music and Dance Camp Program for at-risk youth ages 4 – 17, without previous arts training. Advanced participants enroll in the SAX Ensemble, honing their skills. Professional artist/instructors provide instruction on horns, guitar, keyboard, drums. Participants engage in chess, reading activities and recreation.
3.”In Celebration of Black History Month”, featuring the Carl Grubbs Ensemble with special guest, John Blake, Jr. jazz violinist. An Annual Free Event at the Randallstown Community Center.
4. The Annual John Coltrane Celebration featuring the Carl Grubbs Ensemble with special guest, Jaleel Shaw, saxophonist. Also performing the St. Pauls School Jazz Band under the direction of Carl Grubbs.Held in partnership with St. Paul’s School
5. A FREE FALL BALTIMORE EVENT “An Evening of Artistic Excellence” featuring the Baker artist recipients of performing artist awards. An evening of diversity. In partnership with the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
6. Jazz Concerts at Senior Centers in Baltimore Co. (5) in partnership with the Baltimore County Department of Aging. Local jazz ensembles perform the music of the jazz masters and original tunes.
Additional Websites: www.carlgrubbsjazz.com